Pymble Multi-User Depot, RAAF Base Richmond, NSW
The project involved design and construction activities for Urban Sydney West Building Works at RAAF Richmond and Pymble Multi-User Depot. The scope of works included the following.
Pymble Multi-User Depot:
- Minor building works including installation of an internal wall.
- Bushfire mitigation works across a number of buildings including a number of window shutters, repair and replacement of roofing and replacement of roof sarking.
- Installation of window locks throughout the medical facility.
- Refurbishment of three accommodation blocks including design and construction of communications services, new air-conditioning, new plumbing and fire safety compliance works.
- Other fire safety compliance upgrade works in buildings on site.
The project uncovered a number of latent conditions that both the design team and St Hilliers investigated and compiled solutions prior to commencing or ending scope events. Asbestos contained materials were discovered prior to the internal demolition work, which required removal prior to new works to proceed. St Hilliers worked closely with Aurecon to ensure the desired outcomes were achieved for Defence.
As this project involved refurbishment works to Heritage buildings, pre-existing conditions were discovered by St Hilliers during construction requiring the review of the design. St Hilliers worked closely with Aurecon and Defence to ensure the remediation of these discovered pre-existing issues were resolved within the time and financial limits of the project.