RAAF Base Edinburgh, SA
St Hilliers was awarded the Head Contractor for the Tank Integration Interim Facilities project which aims to deliver suitable and timely interim facilities to enable the incorporation of tank squadrons into the Armoured Cavalry Regiment at the Edinburgh Defence Precinct (EDP) RAAF Edinburgh, Adelaide SA.
The project delivered a new Squadron Headquarters, upgrades to existing vehicle shelter and the extension of an existing weapons storage facility within an existing building as well as general external civil works and services infrastructure upgrades at EDP.
The Squadron Headquarters building was a conventional steel framed building for working accommodation for 16 personnel with key elements comprising of:
- Precast panel and structural steel
- 3 x private office areas
- Zone 4 Security offices, conference rooms and communication room
- Type 1A Security Alarm System
- Dw45 acoustic rated conference room
- BMS controlled mechanical systems and natural ventilation
- DRN, DVN and DSN reticulation