RAAF Base Pearce, WA
This project involved the remediation of non-conformances to the exiting Corrosion Control Facility at RAAF Base Pearce, Bullsbrook, WA.
The scope of works included:
- Demolition and strip out of existing facilities;
- Remodelling of existing storage, change room, decontamination areas and spray boots;
- The upgrade to electrical, firefighting and mechanical services;
- The remediation of structural cracking to masonry;
- The erection of an extension to the building;
- Fit out works; and
- Civil works, including a new access road to deliver a new component stripping and storage facility.
The project also included the installation of new hydrant valves, which involved the planned shutdown of the entire base to cut the new valves into the existing pipework. The 2.5 hour shutdown was successfully delivered with no impact to Defence operations as a result of St Hilliers careful planning and effective communication including, extensive liaison, regular updates and coordination with Defence, base users and other contractors on site.
In order to better achieve Value for Money, St Hilliers strategically chose to minimise the number of subcontractors engaged in the works and instead seek specialists who could suitably cover whole elements of the works. This allowed more seamless co-ordination and control of the works, high levels of productivity and ensured that from a quality and compliance perspective, St Hilliers had as much control as practicable.