The Greenbank Training Area Project involved the construction of additional training facilities, accommodation and supporting infrastructure, across a 4,600 hectare site, to support an increase in Defence training activities. As the Head Contractor for the works, St Hilliers successfully delivered the challenging 7 stage Project, having met all Defence requirements and handing over the site within the required 16 month program.
The project required the installation of:
- 61 Buildings with 10km of new roads (rated to support loads between 40t and 70t);
- 339,000m3 of cut to fill;
- 160,000m2 of asphalt and road pavements, consisting of 7 pavement types, varying between 600 and 1,300mm deep;
- 170,000m3 of road pavement construction material;
- 7,000m3 of concrete;
- 130t reinforcement;
- 3 bridges;
- 8km of high voltage cabling, communication, potable and non-potable water installed in ground, all needed to be coordinated with the road construction program;
- 800,000 litres of underground rain water storage;
- New sewer treatment plan; and
- 10km of fencing.