St Hilliers were the successful Head Contractor for the first project in the extensive Navy Capability Infrastructure Sub-Program. SEA1654 Phase 3 MOSC project aims to provide fit for purpose facilities and infrastructure to support the new MOSC vessels. N2262-1 facility at Randwick Barracks will provide fit for purpose training facilities, including task specific simulation facilities for the training of Navy personnel for the future acquirement and operation of the new Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment ships being procured for the Royal Australian Navy.
The SEA1654 MOSC Project is an integrated two-storey 3480 square metre extension to the existing Building 310 Navy Training Systems Centre at Randwick Barracks with primary access maintained through the existing building via way of a two-storey link bridge. An associated extension to the existing carpark and fire access ring road were also completed under the project. The integrated facility provides new capability compatible spaces for:
- a total of 32 trainee classrooms, instructor and contractor offices, an open office area for trainers, a utility area and conference space;
- closed in weapons systems (CIWS) mount workshop, control workshop, classrooms and offices;
- part task trainers – providing for simulation training;
- through life support facilities (TLSF) – required to provide working accommodation and ancillary spaces for MOSC staff including four 72m2 workshops;
- communications rooms and breakout spaces; and
- common toilet, shower and locker areas.
- Dedicated plant rooms