This project involved the construction of a new perimeter culvert and fencing at Samford Road Creek crossing located in Gallipoli Barracks, Enoggera QLD. This followed a review of base security by local users at Gallipoli Barracks, which determined that a permanent solution at Samford Road Creek crossing interfacing with the base perimeter was not adequate in meeting Defence requirements and expectations. Therefore, a new solution needed to be put in place.
The scope of works included the construction of the following key elements:
- Removal of tree’s and foliage
- Construction of upstream gabion blocks
- Construction of downstream gabion blocks
- Construction of an in-situ concrete culvert
- Drainage and backfill works as required
- Security fence
- Diversion of existing fencing to culvert
- Rehabilitation of surrounding areas
- Other associated works.