The HMAS Creswell Fire Safety Upgrades Project aimed to resolve a number of fire safety and DDA compliance issues in order to meet both legislative and Defence requirements. The works were undertaken over a 16 week duration on Site while the Base remained fully operational. Works comprised of the following:
- Building 110 – Demolition and reinstatement of the ceiling to achieve resistance to insipient spread of fire (RISF) and Fire Resistance Level (FRL) of 60/60/60. Upgrade door hardware to required exits to achieve fire egress compliance with the NCC. Replace non-compliant fire dampers and complete fire rated sealing of penetrations.
- Building 146 – Installation of stair nosings, tactiles and handrails in accordance with DDA requirements
- Building 127 – Replacement of existing thermal detectors with smoke detectors to meet the requirements of the MFPE
- Building 182 – Demolition of the building to concrete slab level
- Buildings 78-85 – Installation of Titan Firefly barriers to the ceiling cavity to achieve RISF and FRL of 60/60/60. Remove existing timber panels and install fire rated plasterboard barriers above SOU entry doors.