Strategic Policy & Intelligence Group (SP&I Group) had an increased resources requirement to assist in the remediation of its computer network operations capability. The Ground Floor and adjoining annexes of Building 130 at Garden Island (East) were refurbished to accommodate between 40 and 60 of the new personnel being recruited. The Refurbishment of Building 130 is located within a secure compound at the southern-most tip of Garden Island (East).
The upper level of Building 130, Level 1, remained in full operation during the ground floor major refurbishment works. This required a high level of consultation and coordination of major disruptive works with the level 1 Stakeholders.
The scope of the Works is as follows:
- Provision of working accommodation for up to 18 staff in a Zone 5 Security Area;
- Provision of working accommodation for up to 17 staff in a Zone 4 Security Area;
- Provision of working accommodation for up to 12 staff in a Zone 2 Security Area;
- Provision of a Class C Construction server room with space to accommodate 14 racks;
- Provision of a Zone 2 Server Room in the Building 130 Demountable with space to accommodate a minimum of 2 racks;
- Provision of a Zone 5 ICT workshop with space to accommodate a minimum of 2 racks;
- Provision of amenities in a Zone 2 Security Area to accommodate up to 60 staff, with seating for 14 staff;
- Provision of one Zone 5 Meeting Room to accommodate a minimum of 6 staff;
- Provision of security (CCTV) cameras to monitor the building perimeter;
- Provision of security alarms as required by the respective security zones;
- Any works required to ensure that the refurbished facility is compliant with the BCA; and
- Provision of civil, fire, electrical, communications, security, mechanical, hydraulic and any other such works required to achieve the desired outcome.
- Upgrade the existing Type 1 Alarm on Level 1 to a Type 1A Alarm (pre-agreed variation).