The new Boulia Wellbeing Centre and Primary Healthcare Centre (PHC) includes a three-module, interlinked building designed in an iconic Queenslander style. It features wide verandas, a roof line that reflects the interlinking design and solar panels to supplement the mains electricity supply.
The three modules were finished in distinct colours to represent the surrounding natural environment and the Boulia Community’s relationship with this important, unifying facility. These bold colours add brightness and vibrancy to the rural town of Boulia.
The new PHC will service approximately 500 residents in the Boulia catchment with a large portion of this being the Indigenous community.
The new Well-being Centre features
- a two-chair self-care dialysis room
- an outdoor community area
- a meeting room and kitchenette
The new Primary Healthcare Centre features
- four consultation rooms
- two Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker consultation rooms
- two ambulance bays
- a mobile X-ray unit
- a resuscitation bay and treatment room
- a waiting room, reception and office area
New staff accommodation includes
- a two-bedroom unit with ensuites
- a shared kitchen, dining and lounge
- covered parking
- secure walkways