Project EST0400PH2/3 Armoured Fighting Vehicles Facilities Program – Stage 1 Work Package 2 Lavarack Barracks involves the construction of new facilities to support the capability for various armoured fighting vehicles.
- AVSS Simulation Centre
• 5 x Field Service Representative (FSR) workshops and offices;
• 120 seat lecture theatre;
• Classrooms (24 and 32 pax);
• Syndicate rooms (16 pax);
• 18 x desktop tactical trainer (DTT) rooms (4 teams pax);
• Desktop tactical trainer (DTT) rooms (4 teams pax);
• 2 x Protected Mobility Tactical Trainer (PMTT) rooms with 20 PMTTs (20 pax desks);
• Administration rooms;
• Breakout spaces, amenities, plantrooms, comms rooms, store rooms;
• External landscaping including tree and shrub removal and demolition works;
- New 35 pax carpark extension;
- New external shelter providing cover for 16 containerised Immersive Tactical Trainers;
- New separate building housing electrical transformers and main switchboard; and
- Stormwater retention basin repair works to the East Drain.