The AIR5428 Pilot Training System (PTS) Facilities is located across a number of existing RAAF facilities, including East Sale (Vic), Pearce (WA) and GinGin (WA), Edinburgh (SA). The project will provide new and upgraded pilot training infrastructure as part of the Pilot Training Systems to take trainees from initial flight screenings through to their entry into advanced fighter training courses. The project includes the delivery of new hangars, shelters and stores, classrooms, simulators, briefing rooms, accommodation and other necessary base upgrades in support of the new aircraft.
The works associated with the PTS project are outlined below:
- Flight Line Shelters and Working Accommodation support for Air Warfare Centre (AWC) operations.
- 1 Bay Maintenance Hangar & associated Workshops
- Shelters for 3 PC-21 Aircraft;
- Logistics (Aircraft Supply Infrastructure)
- Team 21 Working Accommodation
- Flight line Office;
- ALSE store;
- AWC Working Accommodation