155 Clarence Street

Client

St Hilliers Hybrid Property Fund

Location

Sydney, NSW

Value

140M

Contract type

External D&C Contractor

Completion

Dec 14

Formerly the NSW headquarters of the Australian Red Cross, 155 Clarence Street was originally built in 1938-39 as a warehouse and showroom for wholesalers, S Hoffnung and Co, and is recognised as a fine example of the art deco style with the convenience of a Sydney CBD location.
In 2011 St Hilliers acquired the landmark, heritage-listed building for $31m on behalf of the St Hilliers Hybrid Property Fund. The 12,000 sqm property was redeveloped as a heritage A-Grade office building with completion in December 2014.
The redevelopment includes three new floors and new outdoor entertaining terraces, featuring all new services and facilities, within a classical refurbished facade influenced by European modernism. The original black granite finish on the facade and centred office foyer layout at the Clarence Street level has been be reinstated.
Located in a prime position near Wynyard, the property is ideal for tenants seeking both a creative and highly effective working environment.
155 Clarence Street is set to achieve 5 Star Green Star Design and As Built ratings, together with a 4.5 star NABERS Energy rating, and offers car and bicycle parking with changing and shower facilities in the basement.
The building was sold in 2015.

Recent Projects

View more
/$15m
TAFE NSW Bega Multi Trades Hub
View Project
/$5.7m
Fleet Base East – Garden Island Building Works, NSW – Project 2
View Project
/$10.8m
Fire School Simulator and Water Recycling Works, Amberley QLD
View Project